Friday, May 19, 2006

Immi does "Hallelujah"

I didn't catch the O.C. last night. Don't think I ever have, but here's the track that Imogen Heap supplied for the season finale. Here's some info from Immi on how the track came about.
"I had no time at all before I went on tour...and in the beginning I actually had to turn it down because I didn't think I could do it. (To produce a song usually takes me at least a week!). So I was in the shower, singing it....feeling bad....then I just thought to myself that's the only way I could do it, and actually it struck me as the perfect way to do it as there are sooo many versions of the song already but none without music. So I suggested to Josh (Schwartz - The OC) that was all I could do....I picked a couple of verses sung it in the wee hours, completely 100o music, no harmonies, one voice, and only the sound of London recorded from my balcony at 3am humming in the background for some atmosphere - and had it off to him the next day and he loved it!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the one voice approach is hard. You have to be in the same state of mind. Which for most of us, is difficult.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home