Friday, November 18, 2005

Seeing Stars....


Very, very excited today! Going to see Stars and Death Cab For Cutie tonight! What a double bill! On the way to work today, Sherman Jr. decided we should prep for the show and we listened to Set Yourself On Fire, the latest release from Stars. If you don't own this one yet, go get it. They are clearly one of Canada's finest exports. Can't wait to hear Torq and Amy! I always feel energized after seeing them. Their lyrics always get me going. Like I can take on the world or something. Really need a show like this one! Rumor has it that Amy is working on a solo disc for release early next year! Torq is working on his side project Memphis and will possibly put a tour together with Broken Social Scene next summer. Also, Arts & Crafts Records is going to release a Stars Remix record. Lots to look forward to in 2006!!!

Ok, so on top of Stars, we get Death Cab For Cutie...Seattle's own indie explosion. You know you've made it when you are on the OC!!! No really, all teasing aside, I heart Death Cab. I believe that their latest release, Plans, is near perfection. Their isn't a song on that record that doesn't strike a chord with me. "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" just shreds me to teeny tiny pieces. Ben's voice is exceptional and this record really reflects that. I hope they start making the gobs of money they deserve and get the recognition to match. It's going to be a great night!

Attention magazine heads! Ok, maybe just me, but I love a good magazine. I love the way they look, the way they feel, the way they smell...love 'em love 'em love 'em! I love that you can read just one magazine and learn a plethora of information. Little bits and pieces that make for great conversation. You feel like you have your finger on the pulse after reading a good magazine. I am always saddened when a good one goes away. I still have not recovered from the loss of Mixer magazine. That was one of the all time favorites and I am still in mourning over Nest. Now comes the news that Grooves, one of the only good electronic music magazines, is losing it's physical format and going online only! It just won't be the same. Yes, the reviews that I adore so will be there, but it's not the same to read a magazine online. It's like reading the New York Times on the net. It just doesn't do it justice. I will give it my all to try and embrace this, but not sure how I feel. Issue 18 is on the stands now and will be the last one. More info here...Grooves. Another one bites the dust.

Sherman Jr. decided today's Guilty Pleasure should come from a British Group. That group being Jigsaw! Who are Jigsaw you may ask? Well, they are the fine artists who brought us the 1975 hit "Sky High". Clive Scott and Des Dyer fronted this group who officially disbanded in the mid-80's. I guess they have reunited for several revival tours. I can only imagine those performances.

Sherman Jr. is headed on a roadtrip tomorrow and will return on Monday! Have a great weekend!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home