Friday, November 11, 2005

Idle Moment


Well, it's finally Friday! Yesterday's post was so darn lengthy, sorry for all that reading you had to do. Today will be short and sweet. I was listening to KCRW the other day and I heard an interview with Carmen Rizzo, producer, mixer and remixer (Alanis Morrisette, Coldplay, Paul Oakenfold, etc). I really knew nothing about him. Then they started playing some tracks from his latest release, The Lost Art of the Idle Moment. What a great sound. Chill, textural, vocal and at times breathtaking. This is a beautiful CD. Better yet is the fact that several of the artists that he collaborated with are some of my favorites. Guest vocals by the likes of Jem, Esthero, Ladybug Mecca and Kate Havnevik (new singer in Royksopp) make this a must have for any fan of gorgeous atmospheric electronic music. I hope this is the first of many releases from this LA-based producer.

Just a quick note on KCRW that I mentioned in the first paragraph. Do yourself a favor and go to their site. It is heaven for music lovers. They archive all shows, playlists and live studio appearances. There are times I wonder what I would do without them. They are podcastingnow and that makes Sherman Jr. ecstatic!

Now for our daily Guilty Pleasure. It is brought to you by none other than Dionne Warwick. The track is "Walk On By". Written by the amazing song writing team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David, this was one of several chart toppers Dionne had during her hey day. I'm sure there will be more guilty pleasures coming our way from Ms. Warwick. You might want to have some tissues ready while you listen to this one. Foolish pride is not pretty!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home