Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Find your Roots!!!!




I love The Roots. I feel a bit cool because I love The Roots. Listening to The Roots makes me feel like I've got my finger on the pulse and people dig me. NO really. Sherman Jr. feels that same way. Not sure what that's all about, but it is what it is. The Roots are the real deal. Intelligent, talented, and cute as all get out. Well, they have just released two discs that are must haves! Home Grown! The Beginner's Guide to The Roots, Vol. 1 & 2. This is the perfect way for someone who may not be familiar with the Philadelphia group to learn why they are such a force in hip hop. Or, if you love them, it is the perfect 29 song two cd set to add to your collection. ?uestlove chose the tracks and writes some stellar liner notes talking about the origins of the songs. It's cool to hear what goes into the group's creative process and behind the scenes shenanigans. This would make a great holiday gift for anyone who likes a little hip hop!!! Or someone who should be schooled a bit in hip hop. I know I am still in need of some lessons. Sherman Jr. and I are wavin' our hands in the air as I speak! Oh, hey Seattle, ?uestlove is spinning this coming Monday night!!!!

I planned on updating everyone on the whole Sony-BMG fiasco, but frankly it all confuses me and gets me so angry that I ask you to google it on your own. As soon as I heard something about me having to show my original receipt for my purchase, they lost me. I heard the state of Texas plans on suing them! California has already filed a class action lawsuit. My concern in all of this is that the artists will suffer. I'm sure they did not know what this technology was capable of doing. All I can say is Neil Diamond's record entered at #4 on the Billboard Chart so I don't think it's hurt him, yet. I just still can't believe this happened. Who is driving the crazy bus at that company???

Now it's time for the old Guilty Pleasure!!! It is brought to you by Maxine Nightingale. The song is "Right Back Where We Started From".
Something I learned today is that she was born in England. Never knew that little fact. This song went to #2 on the US pop chart in 1976. This is a great one to pull out and play randomly for friends. If they are of a certain age group, it will crack them up. Just the opening of the song is worth it!!!! She's also the gifted artist who brought us the tender song, "Lead Me On". I won't even go into that one. You know there's a good story for that one!! I think this album cover should win some sort of award. Don't you?

1 Comments:

Blogger jeremy said...

her high waisted pants should win some sort of award, too. dayum!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home